Quick Facts: Spring Real Estate Market in Montreal
Real estate is poised to maintain its appeal and momentum as a valuable investment. A decade after the financial crisis of 2008, homebuyers have shown confidence in the market resulting in record residential real estate growth in Q1 2018.
• Residential sale in Montreal increased 7% in Q1 2018 compared to the first quarter of 2017.*
• The residential real estate market in Montréal continued its momentum by registering its 15th consecutive quarterly increase in sales. This was the best first quarter sales result in seven years.*
• Demand and prices remains high. Inventory remains low with active listings falling for a tenth consecutive quarter in the Montréal. This is down 16% compared to the first quarter of last year.*
• Across Montréal all property categories, single-family, condominiums and plexes registered an increase in median price: single-family homes (+5 %), condominiums (+3%) and plexes (+7%).
• The sharp decrease in supply coupled with the increase in sales, has once again caused market conditions to tighten and become more and more advantageous for sellers.*
• Canada remains in the spotlight as one of the best countries to live in, driving confidence and stability in the real estate market.