Join in and donate May 13th for the PINK BRA TOSS in Montreal
This is a shout out to all mothers, daughters, sisters, friends… and even the amazing men in your lives to join in on the Mount-Royal summit May 13th, 2018 at 3:00 PM for Montreal’s The Pink Bra Toss—powered by Cedars. DONATE NOW
Led by the Pink Bra Bazaar in Paris, we’re joining the international movement, successfully promoting breast health and education as well as the importance of early detection by coming together to toss a bra in the air and celebrate the amazing advances that have been made in breast cancer care and research.
Cedars Breast Cancer Program:
The Cedars Cancer Foundation continues to lead the way in the development of new ways of supporting all breast cancer patients at the MUHC and throughout the Rossy Cancer Network. The Cedars Breast Cancer Program will include the introduction of a Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator who will offer concrete guidance to patients through all stages of their cancer journey. This, as well as various other breast-cancer related initiatives will ensure that the Cedars Cancer Centre continues to prioritize both patient care as well as innovation.
Donate in support of someone you love… DONATE NOW
Want a little more information on where the funds raised through the Pink Bra Toss go?
All funds raised through the Pink Bra Toss will go directly to the care of breast cancer patients, at all stages of their journey, being treated at the Cedars Cancer Centre. This is but a sampling of the ways that your participation will benefit the women of Montreal.
– Nurse navigator program: This program, which is not covered by the Quebec government, will help ensure that each component of care, including novel immunotherapeutic approaches, is easily understood by patients. The nurse navigator will follow breast cancer patients throughout their journey and act as their lifeline and ensure that treatment plans, appointments and follow ups are properly understood by the patient.
– The Psychosocial Oncology Program: offers professional psychosocial services to oncology patients and family members who are identified by their cancer teams as needing counselling or support for distress and stress.
– Cedars CanSupport aims to ensure that cancer patients and their families benefit from compassionate care and understanding from the time of diagnosis and treatment, through post-treatment, and when necessary end of life. Its professional teams and volunteers offer support groups, educational services, such as new patient orientation booklets, and programs, humanitarian aid, as well as complementary therapies such as art, music, meditation, and yoga.
– CAREPRO Lymphedema Clinic: unique in Quebec, serves all cancer-related lymphedema patients from cancer centres across the province, as well as complex patients from Ontario and Atlantic Canada. It also serves as a research and teaching site for medical residents and other health professionals involved in lymphedema.
– The Cancer Survivorship Program: the only program of its kind in Quebec, aims to improve the health and well-being of cancer patients at the end of active treatment or living with cancer as a chronic disease. A multi-disciplinary team works with patients to maximize their physical, psychological, vocational and social functioning through clinical and educational services, as well as outreach.